Wednesday, November 16, 2005

59th Place at Foxwoods

My first cash in a major tournament was worth $12,000, a profit of $1800. In ten minutes the Wolf and I are driving to Hartford where I will board a plane for Vegas to go play at the WSOP Circuit at the Paris.

My final hand: Blinds 1500-3000 with a 500 ante. I have about 70k. I had J-2 of diamonds on the button. Alex Jacob was in the small blind and he had been playing extremely aggressively with his big stack. We had already had several confrontations and he had gotten the better of me on most. The big blind was playing a tight "raise or fold" sort of game. I decided to limp because Jacob had been reraising me consistently and the big blind had also proven suspicious of button raises. To no one's surprise Jacob raised 10k more. The big blind studied for about two minutes before finally folding and I called.

The flop came 974 with two diamonds. Jacob thought for a while (as he always did) and then made a bet of around 20k. I immediately pushed in and he immediately called with 7-4 offsuit. No diamond was in my future and that was it.

I will post more later.

1 Comments:

Blogger aks said...

Blogging as a Communication Tool
The Dallas chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators released a poll that found that businesses are becoming aware of blogging as a well-known communications tool but is not yet ...
Your blog is soo great.. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a
how to be an internet millionaire
site. It pretty much covers how to be an internet millionaire related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) Im waiting...

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home