Thursday, November 17, 2005

Paris/Bally's $1500 NL

I got off to a fast start today, picking up a bunch of dead money with rockets after limp/reraising. I was at a wild, gambling table with a wide range of players - seasoned pros, noobs, tourists, old men, etc. The player to my right may have been the worst player I have ever seen. My friend Mike Odeh, who I got to know at Canterbury, was there as well.

KQ was my undoing today. I lost a huge pot with it, all in against Ah8h on a K948 board with two hearts. I lost the rest of my chips against it with 8c9c after checkraising all in on a KcTcT flop.

The tournament professionals were out in force today, and the environment felt a lot different from Foxwoods. The players here are a lot better in general, and there is more camaraderie between familiar foes.

Tonight the plan (after Survivor of course) is to meet up with Mike (assuming he's not still in the tournament) and then get some rest. The $1500 shorthanded event is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm starting to feel good physically and my game is in even better shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home