Friday, October 07, 2005

Marooned in Milwaukee

My Midwest Airlines flight from Philadelphia to Milwaukee was delayed two hours, enough to miss the connector to the Twin Cities. So I'm stranded here for a night in a Clarion Hotel instead of partying like it's 2004 at Reid's house. My flight leaves tomorrow at 8 AM.

I spent a quality 28 hours in humid Philadelphia, staying at Cassidy's nice apartment. This afternoon I saw the Constant Gardener which was superb. I also caught most of the demise of the Red Sox, including the last few outs in a pro-White Sox Philly Airport Bar. I'm excited for Jeremy, whose unbelievable loyalty to the White Sox is finally paying dividends. I hope this run doesn't end as tragically as it did for his Illini last spring.

Already two hideous aspects of the Upper Midwest have come to my attention: the sharp, biting sting of the cold fall air on my skin; and the sharp, biting sting of the Upper Midwest accent on my ears. Still I am really excited to be heading back to the Twin Cities tomorrow and looking forward to the next month immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home