Monday, October 10, 2005

FPC Event #3

Today was the $200 NL at Canterbury and over 600 players entered. Wolf didn't have much go his way before he finally picked up a legitimate hand, 5-2 of spades. Naturally all his chips went into the pot and he lost to ace-queen of spades. Pickett got some chips early but was victimized by the rising blinds and lost a race with 55 against AK.

I got down to 400 early before making a move and picking up two hands to get me back to 1200. I didn't have anything playable when the blinds went to 100-200 before I picked up QQ in 2nd position and shoved for 750. Third position made a very weak call with KJo and hit the king.

I played flawlessly today but the quality of play is not nearly as important as the cards in these crapshoot events.

Play of the day: Blinds at 10-25. Early position solid player raises and I pop it with KK in the BB. He doesn't hesitate to call and I quickly put him on a big ace. Flop comes AA6, I check, he bets, and I fold. I asked him later and he said he had an ace.

Tomorrow is the $200 limit and the Death Cab concert in the evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bag said...

That's the play of the day?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home