Monday, October 17, 2005

Friday

Friday was the $300 NLHE which I briefly mentioned in the last post. I played my A game all day, making moves, hitting hands, and having them hold up for monster pots. I was chip leader or close to it from about 40 players on down to the last two tables, where I went a little bit card dead before expiring in 5th place.

Play of the Day: Blinds at 300-600. A player who was fairly new to the table and arrived with a monster stack raised the minimum in middle position and I elected to call in the SB with the Wildebeest, K2 of spades. This was a loose call but I felt like I had a really good read on the player and I was looking to gamble and maybe outplay my opponent. The big blind folded, the flop came JdTd2, and I checked ready to give it up. The preflop raiser checked behind me. The turn was the 6d and I checked. He quickly bet 1600 and I beat him into the pot with a call. My reasoning was that he would have to have bet a legitimate hand on the flop, worried about giving me a free card on such a draw-heavy flop. The river was a blank, we both checked, I confidently tabled my hand, and he mucked. A couple of guys looked at me in awe and it was clear that I was not the player to mess with today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home