Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I Am a Limit Hold 'em Tournament God

Ho hum. Another limit hold 'em event, another final table. I had chips almost the entire way through this $200, 270 player event until the final table before I lost a few pots and expired in 5th place. This finish gives me a commanding lead in the race for the Best All-Around Player Award through four events with seven left (not including the ladies event).

So what is the secret to my stunning success in these limit events? It's simple. All you have to do is beat AJ with QT, beat 99 with AQ, beat A7 and AQ with AT, hit a flush draw in a do or die pot with 10 players left, never have your steals run into serious hands, fold A9s because you have a bad feeling and watch players behind you pick up AK and AA, and just keep pounding away at players who are folding too many hands.

What I am trying to say is that I have been getting extremely LUCKY. I'm very happy with how I've played in all four events, but there's absolutely no question that luck has been the main reason why I've made two final tables in a game which I rarely play. The next couple days are the Omaha Hi/Lo and the 7 Card Stud Tournaments. I will play even more aggressively and just hope to keep getting lucky. Another final table will basically wrap up the All-Around.

I busted out just in time to go to Death Cab tonight and it was a great show. I've always been pretty lukewarm on them but tonight pretty much sold me. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" is the early leader for Song of the Month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home